- Convention Staff, Guests, and Attendees may not engage in any activities that are prohibited by law. This includes, but is not limited to: harassment, substance abuse, public intoxication, etc.
- Treat the Hotel and Convention Staff with respect.
- Convention Staff, Guests, and Attendees may not be in possession of any item defined as a weapon, Illegal or not.
- Convention Staff and Attendees may not bring any animals onto the convention premises, with the exception of ADA working Animals.
- Membership Badges must be worn and visible at all times.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No sleeping in any Convention area at anytime.
- Membership Badges must be purchased in order to be allowed into the Convention space, if you do not have a badge you will be asked to leave until you purchase one.
- Do not run in the Convention space.
- Be mindful of those around you at all times.
Weapons & Prop Policies
- Wooden swords, bats, prop canes, staffs, etc: permitted, and all props/weapons must be checked into the safety desk upon entering the convention, or (in the case of a Dealer’s Room purchase) right after you finish your transaction. Realistic looking weapons will not be allowed.
- Any and all LIVE Weapons are NOT allowed. This includes individuals who possess a weapons permit, or a concealed weapons permit.
- Live Steel is not allowed in Convention Space. This includes blades, blunt, etc…
- If Safety decides a prop/weapon is too dangerous you will be asked to return the item to your room/car. If you take this as a mere suggestion, you will be expelled from the convention without refund.
- No swinging, play fighting (unarmed included), or throwing of props/weapons will be permitted.
- Real Guns: Guns and other firearms are not permitted. No exceptions, even if you have a concealed carry license.
- Realistic ammunition and other realistically-colored weapons (ie: grenades): No live or spent ammunition, shells , or explosive incendiary devices.
- Whips: allowed, must be kept on the hip at all times.
- No bags larger than a hand bag are allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: Laptop Bags, Backpacks, Duffle Bags, and messenger bags.
- The Safety Staff will not watch bags/items for you.
- The Safety Staff reserves the right to bar entry.
- The Safety Staff may initiate a voluntary bag/pocket check for contraband.
- Nothing attached to a string/chain that can be swung will be permitted.
- No cosplay props or weapons are allowed into the Dance/Rave area, this includes lightsabers.
- No fighting or dance fighting.
- If you have a history of seizures, asthma, or heart attack, please avoid the Dance/Rave. The heat and flashing lights may trigger attacks.
- Harassment will not be tolerated.
Dealers Room Policy
- Keep your hands visible and above the tables. Theft is no small charge, and the dealers WILL press charges.
- If the room enters a lock down, please remain calm and slowly make your way to the door.
- If Safety Personnel request that you open your bags please be polite and open them.
- To avoid fire hazards, keep lines single file and stay close to the walls.
- Please wait your turn in line.
- Don’t argue with the staff if they attempt to correct you.
- Keep in mind that the staff is not yelling at you, they have to speak loudly enough for the entire line to hear which can be difficult at times.
- Completely fill in seats, try not to leave empty spaces.
- Any event specific rules will be announced at the start of the event, please listen while they are being announced.
- ID will be required for any 18+ panels, and recording devices therein will also be prohibited.
- Make sure all pointy objects are dulled so as not to cause harm to others
- If wearing a large costume with wings or other large parts that extend beyond your reach, are difficult to move in, or impair your vision make sure you have a handler or two
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- This is a family convention, please try to keep all cosplay as PG as possible
- If you wear a skirt be covered underneath
- If your costume requires a lot of exposed skin consider wearing a nude bodysuit
- While these are not requirements if a complaint is received pertaining to your cosplay we will ask you to change
- Make sure you get cool air or ventilation while cosplaying
- Stay well hydrated
- Drink water or Gatorade, not soda and Ramune!
- Avoid caffeine and high amounts of sugar
- Don’t forget to eat a proper meal
- If you asked for a photo PLEASE make sure to move out of the flow of traffic
- Blocking hallways/walkways is against fire safety regulations and you will be asked to move
- Remember we are here to have a good time & be respectful
- Save the judging for the judges please!
The most productive and satisfying environment is one in which work is accomplished in a spirit of mutual trust and respect. Harassment is a form of discrimination that is offensive, impairs morale, undermines the integrity of relationships and causes serious harm to the productivity, efficiency, enjoyment, and stability of our organization.
All staff and attendees have a right to an environment free from discrimination and harassing conduct, including sexual harassment. Harassment on the basis of someone’s race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, arrest or conviction record, marital status, sexual orientation, gender preference, membership in the military, or use or nonuse of lawful products away from the convention space is expressly prohibited under this policy. Harassment on any of these bases is also illegal under Section 42.07, Texas Statutes. This policy will be issued to all current staff and all attendees.
In general, harassment means persistent and unwelcome conduct or actions on any of the bases underlined above. Sexual harassment is one type of harassment and includes unwelcome sexual advances, unwelcome physical contact of a sexual nature or unwelcome verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
Unwelcome verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature includes, but is not limited to:
The repeated making of unsolicited, inappropriate gestures or comments;
The display of offensive sexually graphic materials not necessary for our convention;
Harassment on any basis (race, sex, age, disability, etc.) exists whenever:
Submission to harassing conduct is made, either explicitly or implicitly, a term or condition of an individual’s attendance.
Submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as the basis for an attendance decision affecting an individual.
The conduct interferes with an attendee’s participation at the convention, or creates an intimidating,
hostile or offensive convention environment.
Harassment may be subtle, manipulative and is not always evident. It does not refer to occasional compliments of a socially acceptable nature. It refers to behavior that is not welcome and is personally offensive. All forms of gender harassment are covered. Men can be sexually harassed; men can harass men;
Women can harass other women. Offenders can be managers, supervisors, convention or hotel staff, and guests, attendees, panelists, or exhibitors.
Cosplay does NOT mean consent.
Jokes, insults and innuendoes (based on race, sex, age, disability, etc.), degrading sexual remarks, referring to someone as a stud, hunk or babe; whistling; cat calls; comments on a person’s body or sex life, or pressures for sexual favors.
Gestures, staring, touching, hugging, patting, blocking a person’s movement, standing too close, brushing against a person’s body, or display of sexually suggestive or degrading pictures, racist or other derogatory cartoons or drawings.
Any convention staff, attendee, guest, or exhibitor who believes they are being harassed, or any of the previous, who becomes aware of harassment, should promptly notify convention Staff or Security. If the person believes that a staff member is the harasser, the convention Security should be notified. If an anyone is uncomfortable discussing harassment with convention or hotel Staff or Security, the employee should contact Ken Wallen of the Anime CTX personnel department. Information on your right to file a state or federal harassment complaint is also available from Ken Wallen.
Upon notification of a harassment complaint, a confidential and impartial investigation will be promptly commenced and will include direct interviews with involved parties and, where necessary, with anyone who may be witnesses or have knowledge of matters relating to the complaint. The parties of the complaint will be notified of the findings and their options.
This policy also expressly prohibits retaliation of any kind against anyone bringing a complaint or assisting in the investigation of a complaint. Such persons may not be adversely affected in any manner related to their attendance at the convention. Such retaliation is also illegal under Section 42.07, Texas Statutes.
Anime CTX views harassment and retaliation to be among the most serious breaches of convention behavior.
Consequently, appropriate disciplinary or corrective action, ranging from a warning to expulsion to criminal charges, can be expected.
For more information:
CIVIL RIGHTS BUREAU
Civil Rights Unit
Austin, Texas 78778
Tel: (512) 463-2642
Fax: (512) 463-2643
Texas Toll Free: (888) 452-4778
Please note that a violation of ANY of the preceding weapon or convention rules can be grounds for immediate expulsion from the Convention (without refund), as well as resulting in contacting local authorities depending on the severity of the situation.